Author Topic: Something happened to my circuit board  (Read 1291 times)

Offline spizzakTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
Something happened to my circuit board
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
Hey guys, I tested my circuit board after finishing all the wiring and it all seemed to work okay but now I'm getting shorts everywhere. During my testing at some point a wire came loose and bridged 5V with Ground, I fixed that but not I have all kinds of problems.

Without the battery connected all continuity test check out, but with the battery connected unregulated voltage is shorted to ground and 5V is shorted to ground.

All my wiring looks fine and it is fine without the power connected... is it possible that my voltage regulator or one of my caps is fried? Any ideas?

Heres a link to my circuit: http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=8590.0

Offline sonictj

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
    • Tim's Workshop
Re: Something happened to my circuit board
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:57:29 AM »
you aren't spose to test continuity with power on.  With power on check voltage. The multimeter is providing power to test continuity.

Is the reg getting hot?

Offline spizzakTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
ah I see... no the reg wasn't getting hot.. my problem was that my chip wasn't turning pins on/off... maybe that got fried when the short happened?

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »
most likely... try running a simple program to blink a few leds, if that doesn't work, the chip may be fried...
Howdy

Get Your Ad Here

data_list