go away spammer

Author Topic: Wireless help~ data transfer  (Read 3178 times)

Offline NEED INPUTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Wireless help~ data transfer
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Hey everyone,

Im starting to work on my biped robot, and since my router broke down i decided to experiment and see what i could scrap on.  The router/modem that broke down was a actiontec m1424wr.  I am wondering if I could use this part to work as a wireless connection between my microprocessor and pc.  I'm not that could with electronics so if anyone could help me out that would be great.  THANKS FOR ANY HELP =]

the part is on the right... and has 2 wire coming out from it.   and you can take it off the board so all there is, is a card

Offline rgcustodio

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Use "Search" and ye might find answers!
Re: Wireless help~ data transfer
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
yup the part you pointed out is the IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) radio board.

but without documentation you will have a hard time making use of it. if you've got the schematics and data sheets then it'll be a whole different ballgame.
The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. - H. W. Longfellow

understanding is the path to enlightenment

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:42:16 PM »
oh... yea well i hope i can manage to use it in some way, shape or form.
if not i'd just save it for another project.
because i do have a netgear wireless usb adapter 802.1

but i need to use the IEEE 802.1 radio board because then i can have it automatically connect to a wireless signal for internet and remote desktop control.  Because i am going to use a pico-itx board as the biped robot's computer. 

If anyone knows how to connect the IEEE 802.1 wifi radio board to the Pico-ITX please reply back...  I am dying for help with this.  Thank you.

Offline krich

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:44 AM »
The interface on that card is an industry standard, but I can't come up with the name off my head.  Something like cPCI or micro-PCI or something.  Anyway, its a fairly generic interface (not for just wireless), so you might have some luck finding some information about it in Google.

I have a few of these laying around from various vendors out of various laptops/routers/APs.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »
yea, last night I died and got lost into research...  I did so much research on AIML and finding out all the specific parts i need for my about 2' biped robot i think i got brain cancer.  Knock on wood. lol  8)

yea its called mini pci.   I know for sure that there's cheap mini-pci to pci adapters, but the problem is that the Pico-ITX doesn't have a slot for PCI.   The other form factor motherboard ~Nano-ITX~   does but i want to try with everything to go with the pico-itx, because of the size.   Because on my 2' robot I want to implement a kind of door opening system where the motherboard would be in the middle.  like a mailbox opening door with the mother board mounted to it.  Think the nano-itx would be small enough for it??     

Also if anyone out there knows how to somehow connect a mini pci or pci to a pico-itx please reply back with information.. THANKS A LOT!!!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list