go away spammer

Author Topic: Help choosing parts for and building an Arduino  (Read 2727 times)

Offline JakeTHTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Help choosing parts for and building an Arduino
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
I recently acquired an Arduino Uno but now I need to choose and buy all the parts to build a robot! I would like to program a simple little robot to move around my house, avoid obstacles, make logical decisions, manipulate small objects, etc. I'm great with software but don't know the first thing about hardware! I didn't even know what a shield was until I looked it up on the Arduino website! So I need help choosing a chassis, motors, wheels, sensors, LED lights, a shield, etc. Are there any tutorials that explain how to choose these things for your specific purposes?

And after I manage to choose the right parts, I have no idea how to put them all together! Are there some tutorials on assembling an Arduino robot as well? (If possible I'd like to assemble the parts in a non-permanent way so that I can tinker with the robot and remove the Arduino Uno altogether if need be.) I'd also like to keep the budget under $100.

Thanks!

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Help choosing parts for and building an Arduino
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
Googling sure helps a lot  ;D
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: Help choosing parts for and building an Arduino
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
I'll vouch for that first result on google, too ;)

But ya, start simple, and modularity is easy enough, generally.  An example that comes to mind is Admin's ERP robot. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_ERP.shtml
I

Get Your Ad Here

data_list