go away spammer

Author Topic: Simple Torque Reduction calculator  (Read 1696 times)

Offline maxhirezTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Simple Torque Reduction calculator
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
I must not be entering the right search terms in Google.  I'm trying to figure out what the effective lifting capacity of a joint with a servo rated at a given torque will be at various arm lengths.  For simplicity's sake, let's use 350 oz/in.  How would I calculate how many ounces that works out to at various arm lengths between 7-10 in?  Wikipedia and my physics references books have been USELESS!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Simple Torque Reduction calculator
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:29:20 PM »
I must not be entering the right search terms in Google.  I'm trying to figure out what the effective lifting capacity of a joint with a servo rated at a given torque will be at various arm lengths.  For simplicity's sake, let's use 350 oz/in.  How would I calculate how many ounces that works out to at various arm lengths between 7-10 in?  Wikipedia and my physics references books have been USELESS!
Ahemm... I don't think it's the books and Wikipedia that's useless - probably just a 16" error (that's 16" in front of books/screen :D)

350 ozf-in means that it can handle up to 350 oz of force at a distance of 1"
At 5" it's thus 350/5 [oz]
At 8" it's 350/8 [oz]
An so on
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here