Author Topic: Some help needed for a project  (Read 1793 times)

Offline JunkoTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Some help needed for a project
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »
Hi all, I'm new in this forum so, nice to meet you all.
I've been reading some tutorials in this web and it has helped me a lot {I'm new to robotics also}.

Well I'm writing this because me and some classmates want to participate in a contest.
It looks like a very simple task, the robot has to go around inside a maze and find and pick up some little plastic toys {I guess G.I. Joes or something similar}...

I'm just asking if you know where can I start researching? Or robots that do something similar {for example, go into a maze without getting lost}.

I pretty much have the idea as to the design and everything, just wanna hear your recommendations.

thanks in advance~

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Some help needed for a project
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:34:49 AM »
Hi,

I pretty much have the idea as to the design and everything, just wanna hear your recommendations.
Describing your own ideas would be a good start.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline SP

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:32:59 AM »
since this is your first robot, you might want to look at a kit. if not a kit look at pieces on www.vexrobotics.com the kit is on there to and is called the vexplorer adn would be excelent for picking up the gi joe's.

Offline frodo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • BOW DOWN TO MY MIGHTY STARE!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »
sounds very simple, going round a maze and picking up toys   :D  no, i think you would be better buying a kit. sorry.
OMG!!!! I AM SUPREME ROBOT!!!

Check out my Web