Author Topic: modded servo problem  (Read 1672 times)

Offline nanotechopolis_grTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
modded servo problem
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:52:27 AM »
hi guys! recently i have modded a servo for continuously rotation but the problem is that is rotating only left side, its the same thing if i write 0 or 180 deg. what i am doing wrong?
thanks
"On the 29th of May, the last day of the siege, our Lord God decided, to the sorrow of the Greeks, that He was willing for the city to fall on this day into the hands of Mahomet Bey the Turk son of Mu

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: modded servo problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:40:06 AM »
First thought is that You did not center servo properly or set it all the way to the right before gluing the pot. Second thought is (not knowing how well You understand the code You work with) that PWM is not set correctly.

If You have spare servo that has not been modded, connect it to Your microcontroller and check if it behaves as expected. If it does, it means that code is fine and that problem is with the modded servo itself.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline nanotechopolis_grTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:35:51 AM »
ok thanks man!
"On the 29th of May, the last day of the siege, our Lord God decided, to the sorrow of the Greeks, that He was willing for the city to fall on this day into the hands of Mahomet Bey the Turk son of Mu

Offline MrWizard

• Helpful? 0
  • My cylon friend told me a killing joke......
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
Depends on the servo you used. I replaced the potmeter for 2 resistors of the same value, bot 2k ohm I believe. You can use the potmeters for something else. This way you do not have to zero.

Get Your Ad Here