Author Topic: *URGENT*  (Read 2155 times)

Offline intwizsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
*URGENT*
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
I've built a basic robot already...but not like the 50$robot from the site....
The circuitry was made for a DC motor....it was pretty complex and the RC board was ripped off an RC car....
the problem is that the bot isn't autonomous and i cant get dc motors with high enough torque....
the one im using now is 100rpm....sucks rite?

anyway, im planning to buy servo motors, but servos are very costly here....so is there anyway i can make my current robot autonomous by changing the circuitry?
Can anyone please send me a schematic of the circuitry best suited for a line following robot, and an RC robot?--- I wouldnt mind spending money on the servo if I knew what to do with it.....
Servos have three pins right? can they be used with my previous circuit board made for dc motors?

I REALLY NEEED HELP GUYS....im on vacation...i need to start making bots for competitions.....
visit my blogsite and click the ads cuz i earn money fr d parts i use to make bots thru it...

Offline 123laurens

• Helpful? 0
Re: *URGENT*
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 06:57:56 AM »
to me it looks like you are trying to make a circut-pure robot.it is a robot that uses and,or,nor...eck gates to run dc motors.
unless you know how to controll timers using gate ICs,controlling servos is inpossable.to make one you can program,you use a micro controller. they only cost like 5$,i HIGLY recomend that you simply use the one from the 50$ robot,you can do many more things,ant these microcontrolers are way smaller than the circut you need for a servo,and has only advantages,you simply program it off a PC in code (which isint hard)and can make command changes without rewiring in minutes!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: *URGENT*
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »
Hi,

the problem is that the bot isn't autonomous and i cant get dc motors with high enough torque....
the one im using now is 100rpm....sucks rite?
DC motors can be bought everywhere!
For any grade of autonomy, you need a microcontroller.

anyway, im planning to buy servo motors, but servos are very costly here....
If you think your DC-motors are weak, don't go for servos, they're much weaker, go for larger DC-motors.

so is there anyway i can make my current robot autonomous by changing the circuitry?
Well, you need to change the motors, make a full microcontroller circuit and perhaps upgrade the power source as well and when you reach that point, you'll probably find that you need wheels with better traction, so you'd be better off if you put what you have aside and just start building a new one from the ground up.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list