go away spammer

Author Topic: HMR3100 Digital Compass....??  (Read 2346 times)

Offline W. ZEETopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
HMR3100 Digital Compass....??
« on: July 19, 2010, 10:42:55 AM »
      Recently acquired some surplus "New In the Box" Honeywell Digital Compass PCBs.  These where to be used in a GPS guided
      system.  However the project was cancelled ..... so I am now looking to see if there might be some interest in the field of
      Robots for the use of these items.  If you know of a use for them or know someone who might have a need ... please reply.

Regards, ZEE

Offline random robots

• Helpful? 3
  • he drives worse than my robot... thats sad
    • youtube channel
Re: HMR3100 Digital Compass....??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
you know what those are perfect for? having a robot find directions. so you can have your robot tell the direction of an irfrared led by pointing thecompass towards it and use the data to make the robot go to it or do something. course, thats just my idea.

hope this helps,
Patrick
this is a signature.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi,

[...] so I am now looking to see if there might be some interest in the field of
      Robots for the use of these items.  If you know of a use for them or know someone who might have a need ... please reply.
Sounds like a sales ad?
If so...
Do they come with a data sheet?
What's their resolution and what's their precision?
How many do you have?
What's your asking price?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:50:03 PM »
Hi,

you know what those are perfect for? having a robot find directions. so you can have your robot tell the direction of an irfrared led by pointing thecompass towards it and use the data to make the robot go to it or do something. course, thats just my idea.
Well... If the 'bot could point a compass at the LED, it could just as well just track the LED and go there without the compass - KISS  ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline random robots

• Helpful? 3
  • he drives worse than my robot... thats sad
    • youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 06:07:36 AM »
heres the datasheet: http://www.honeywell-sensor.com.cn/prodinfo/sensor_magnetic/software/hmr3100_manual.pdf.
you could alsomake a robot albe to make exact turns without too much effort by making it turn to an exact direction to avoid something. you could make it turn differently by what kind of obstacle is there.

Patrick
this is a signature.

Offline W. ZEETopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »

Thanks Patrick and Soeren for your respones.
    Yes, Soeren it is more of a sales inquiry rather then a request to use them myself.  Patrick has left info on the data sheets
    which should answer all the technical issues.  I have more then a couple dozen of these units.   I am a electro-mechanical
    contract manufacture (small Job shop) and as I stated the project was cancelled so this is what I was left with.  I am trying
    to find a secondary market for them and thought this might be the place.

These are selling for around $275....I would be happy getting $125. They are new and still in their original packing.  If it's for
    a School or University program teaching the youngins I can do better.
    I also have several LCD Display Modules, Military 3 pin &/ 20 pin connectors, Heavy duty Toggle switches (MS24658-23D),
    12 Volt 2700mah Battery packs, Nickle Minder Chargers for said packs and other goodies.
    Now I hope I am not offending anyone by posting this here...I am new to the board...but some of this stuff might be helpful
    to someone.  If there is interest / if I can help, let me know....I'll provide an Email if anyone would like to request pricing on
    anything.

Regards, ZEE

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:55:21 AM by W. ZEE »

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »
I'm drooling over the 20Hz update rate, but no tilt compensation is a deal breaker, Sorry.

Get Your Ad Here