Software > Software

pathfinding algorithms

<< < (2/2)

newInRobotics:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on February 20, 2013, 06:34:42 AM ---hmmmm is A* easier than wavefront??
--- End quote ---
Easy and difficult are terms that mean different things to different people. As I do not have a clue how Wavefront Algorithm performs and how to implement it, for me it is easier to use A* (as I had to learn and use it before). A* is shortest/fastest path search heuristic and I must say - it works very well.

--- Quote from: [email protected] on February 20, 2013, 06:34:42 AM ---and how does a robot   plan it's path in any of the pathfinding algorithms?
--- End quote ---
I bet there are many different path finding algorithms which work differently and give different results. The main idea of path planning is to get from point A to point B. One way to do it is to go from node to node (keeping track of visited nodes) until goal location is found, or until all nodes were explored (Breadth-First-Search and Depth-First-Search). This approach normally takes very long time and is computationally very expensive. To correct that some brilliant minds came up with A* algorithm which favours certain nodes over others based on price to get to certain node, total price so far to reach current state and estimated distance left to the goal node (to calculate it one may use Manhattan Distance, however there is more than one way to do it).

If You're interested, try looking for and implementing A* 8 Puzzle :)

[email protected]:
thnxxx a lot .....
i would be glad if you can show me some bots (or yours) which has implemented A* algorithm  :)

newInRobotics:
I've never had any bots built. A* I have used to solve 8 Puzzle as one of my uni projects. For bot it should work the same way/

[email protected]:
thanxxx a lot for your help ....!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version