Author Topic: Wiring question...  (Read 1784 times)

Offline WhomBomTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Wiring question...
« on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »
Hello, I received my arduino 2009 a couple of days ago, but it is already raising a lot of questions:

If I connect my battery to Vin and GND and also use the battery to power servos do i need to connect another GND wire next to the output pins, or can i plug only the servo's signal wire into an output?

Do I need diodes to prevent a current flowing from my arduino to my servos? (for instance if usb is plugged in and battery is low)?

Further I assume the MCU can take an in voltage of 6.8, and i can take power for my sensor from the 5v bus marked next to the Vin and gnd buses...

Thanks already! I'll post some pics of my bot soon, it's really great to see it slowly coming together  :)

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Wiring question...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:25 AM »
yes, searching the forum is also fun ;)

the servos will require three pins: unregulated power, gnd and signal. (this is why i bought a roboduino)
the sensors will require three pins: regulated power, gnd and signal.
Do I need diodes to prevent a current flowing from my arduino to my servos? (for instance if usb is plugged in and battery is low)?
uhh, no...
Further I assume the MCU can take an in voltage of 6.8, and i can take power for my sensor from the 5v bus marked next to the Vin and gnd buses...
yes and yes.
all of this stuff has been covered many times in the forum...
Howdy

Offline WhomBomTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Wiring question...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:17:06 AM »
Ok, thanks for the replie, and i'll search harder next time  ;)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list