Author Topic: Line follower using PIC 16F877A  (Read 6595 times)

Offline JoachimTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Line follower using PIC 16F877A
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:05:10 AM »
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I have a college project to make a line follower using PIC 16F877A. I have to use 2 servo motors to control the wheels. I am also using IR sensors to detect a black line.
My lecturer insist that I use assembly language to do the programming.
The problem I'm facing is that I do not know what to do with all the parts I have bought. I have not bought resistor as I do not know what values to buy. I need some help on the circuitry of a line follower. Any circuit diagram or schematics for a line follower would be great. I also need some help on how to use the IR sensors and how to program the PIC 16F877A to control the servo motors.
Hope I can get some feedback soon.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Line follower using PIC 16F877A
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »
Hi,

Either you were taught it in class, or your teacher should tell you now how to do it. I have a feeling that you just didn't pay attention.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft%3A*%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLJ_en&q=pic16F877+line+follower+servo

Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline JoachimTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »
Thanks Soeren.

Nope, teachers did not teach about PIC. Yes, I have searched on google. What I'm looking for is a line follower made and controlled using PIC16F877A, not some other microcontroller.
Btw, the link you provided just shows search results that are from forums that don't match what I'm looking for.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
Hi,

Nope, teachers did not teach about PIC.
Then he cannot expect you to use a particular processor, a particular language, or anything else he didn't teach you at least something about.
But if, on the other hand, you were taught about an assembler programmed line follower on another core, you should be able to get by with a datasheet.

Yes, I have searched on google. What I'm looking for is a line follower made and controlled using PIC16F877A, not some other microcontroller.
In other words, you want other people to provide you the entire answer to YOUR school assignment?
Or... How large a percentage of YOUR assignment would you find it reasonable and appropriate to "outsource" to others?

Btw, the link you provided just shows search results that are from forums that don't match what I'm looking for.
Actually, it doesn't really seem that you want to do much of your own foot work. You should try alternative search terms, if you are not satisfied with the search I provided for you and you should expect to piece together your project from several sources.

That said... I did find a link providing a turnkey solution with ample documentation in the search provided (or I wouldn't have linked to the search), so I guess you just don't have the stamina to go through more than a few of the links.
FYI, sometimes it takes a day or more finding the stuff you want, especially when you want something very specific, so consider yourself lucky by getting the search and start working if you want to graduate.

My best advice would be: Reassert your willingness to do what it takes, or tell your teacher to give you an F- immediately, since you don't care to learn - then you will have extra time for something you DO care about.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:32:14 AM »
16F877 code

edit: I spoke with Soeren.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:14:26 PM by Admin »

Offline ArcMan

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Mmmm... Plasma
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 04:05:14 PM »
Hi Joachim.  I'll try to offer something constructive instead of being a jerk to you.

Lynxmotion has a circuit diagram for their line sensor...
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/data/sld-v1.pdf

Get Your Ad Here

data_list