Author Topic: Modifying Servos for $50 Robot  (Read 5677 times)

Offline RizzTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Modifying Servos for $50 Robot
« on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
I have just begun to modify the servos in the $50 Robot tutorial.  I see the mechanical stop that must be modified.  I don't see the pot.  I am using the HS-311 from the parts list.  The pictures don't look the same as my servos.  Is it possible that this servo pot does not have to be modified?

Offline garriwilson

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Modifying Servos for $50 Robot
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:51:56 PM »
When you take off the main gear, the one right under the horn, you should see a rectangular prism thing that seems to go all the way down into the servo.

If you have any problems ask, maybe the servo is defective but it's highly unlikely.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:58:26 PM »
So the "rectangular prism thing" is what is to be superglued to prevent its movement?  (I see the rect. prism thing.)

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:34:03 AM »
I figured out what needs to be done.  I reread the tutorial and determined the that the slotted gear that interfaces with the pot on my servos does not have a removeable slot.  I plan to carefully drill it out as I want to keep the pot out of the way, inside the servo case.  I will super glue the potentiometer shaft in the 0 degrees position.  Thanks for your assist garriwilson!

Stay tuned, I'm sure I will have more questions.

Offline garriwilson

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »
you're welcome  :P

Get Your Ad Here

data_list