Electronics > Electronics

Component pc board. HELP.

(1/3) > >>

NOOBinDistress:
Hello I bought a component pc board with 750 holes(bigger than tutorial, is that ok? Also I have a 15 watt solderer. What is the recomended wattage? Also what solder should I use in diameter because My radio shack does not go by gauge. I bought .62" diameter solder. Will that be good . Please help me. Thanks.

NOOBinDistress:
hmmm. I still don't know if I should start with the current parts I have does anybody have a clue about what I should do. Thanks.

ed1380:
you could use that board just start everything in one corner.

IDk about the solder. about how mamy mm is it?

nanob0t:
The soldering iron is fine, no worries.  That's standard.

Your board should be fine.  I agree with ed1380 and you should start in a corner, you can cut the board down as you like if you wish to make it smaller.

I'm unsure about the solder.  I second ed's question.

JonHylands:
The solder is fine. 0.032" is better, but I did electronics for years with just 0.064".

I guess you guys don't know how to use a calculator, or maybe you don't know how to convert between imperial and metric. Here's a hint, mm to inches is 25.4. If you can't remember, ask Google (like everything else)

0.064 inches in mm

Google responds with:

0.064 inches = 1.6256 millimeters

Google can convert between all kinds of things, including temperature (F and C), many different measurement units, currency, etc.

- Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version