go away spammer

Author Topic: robot wagon  (Read 6610 times)

Offline ledracTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
robot wagon
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:42:37 PM »
I want to make an RC controlled wagon that could carry a cooler or maybe some bags of fertilizer. I can build the wagon and the steering assembly myself but my question is what motor would be the best for the job? The cheaper the better. I thought about using the set-up from a power wheels toy, has anyone tried making one of those RC? I added some pictures, using the current steering on the wagon what would steer under load better?  a geared method with an additional motor or a strong servo linked to the control arms?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:50:30 PM by ledrac »

Offline sotu

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
Re: robot wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:56:04 AM »
Well your wagon looks pretty heavy. I dont think you will get any cheap motors if you want it to drive fast. And with the extra weight of a cooler you have to have a really high voltage motor if ure thinking of useing that.
Maybe you'll get ideas on my page: www.tunliweb.no/sotu.htm
How to build a biped bot:

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: robot wagon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:12:07 AM »
I want to make an RC controlled wagon that could carry a cooler or maybe some bags of fertilizer
Sounds like you are making a remote control bomb on wheels . . .

I can build the wagon and the steering assembly myself but my question is what motor would be the best for the job?
Use this tutorial to calculate how much torque your motor needs:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/mechanics_dynamics.shtml

If you know the torque and rpm that you need, then choosing a motor should be much easier.

Get Your Ad Here