Author Topic: $100 award for simple robot with arm that can move every 10-11 minutes  (Read 3560 times)

Offline 34Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I. REQUIRED FUNCTION: I'm seeking a robot, machine or mechanism whose sole function is to have an arm or other extension that moves periodically (every 10-11 minutes) for about 8-10 hrs a day. The arm movement must not be so powerful so as to harm a keyboard.

II. PURPOSE: To press any key on a laptop or keyboard so as the computer does not go into logout/lock mode.

III. EXTRA REQUESTED FEATURES: Attaches to laptop or keyboard with clamps or other attaching mechanism so it can stay put while working.

IV. POTENTIAL FOR COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT: If the idea works elegantly and is a feasible one it will be considered for product development and marketed.

Thanks and I look forward to your ideas, responses and solutions :)

(note: I am not a robot builder or knowledgeable in robotics)

[email protected]

Offline dunk

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
    • dunk's robot
why can't you just adjust your power management settings so the screen does not logout/lock?
find a software developer who can script a simple program to change management settings.

failing that you could use a USB device that emulates a USB keyboard.

dunk.

paulstreats

Exactly what I was thinking.
There are many solutions to this problem, but it really doesnt need a mechanical device.(even though Homer Simpson once used a pecking chicken to press his keyboard)

look at http://www.maaboo.com/soft/system/system_optimizers/1399Auto-Keyboard.htm

There are many solutions available already

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
I have a device that acts as a keyboard and will automatically keys. See.   http://razorconcepts.net/usbdevice.html

If interested please reply, ican have it ready within a few days

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
Why is this post screaming spam??? Really now...
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline poogle

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
My first thought when reading it was for an anti-afk robot key presser for World or Warcraft or some similar game (since they ban you for software solutions to the problem if they can detect it).

Get Your Ad Here