Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2111 times)

Offline stabilizeTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hello
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:37:10 AM »
Hi, I'm Oli. Just thought I would say hello to everyone here.

I am based in the UK and love robotics. Have been tinkering with robotics/electronics for as long as I can remember.

I have been working on a system called 'Fluid'. It is an dynamic/active balancing application for bipedal robots without the use of IK or pre-programmed animations. It utilizes the GPU on x86/64 machines for fast math and scenario projections.

I hope to be able to finally build a platform to test it on (so far has only been simulations). I finally have a 3D printer so progress can begin soon.

I will post updates here and on my site as I go.

Offline jlizotte

• Helpful? 3
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
Hello from the very cold United States, Oli!

Looking forward to reading more about your project!

My current project is Anna. Until now, she was an electric wheelchair based robot (you can see her in some of my previous posts). Now that the testing phase is over, I'm moving her to a recently completed home-built platform. She already responds to voice commands and can be controlled remotely via my phone or laptop (including live audio/video feed) over the internet. Once I get everything working on the new chassis, I'll be working on gesture recognition through her Kinect unit, then working on some conversational and behavioral skills for her. She already verbally harasses my wife's cat and my nieces using image recognition.  8)

John

Offline henry_88

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
Thanks for posting great information with us..

Get Your Ad Here

data_list