go away spammer

Author Topic: Counting the pins  (Read 2696 times)

Offline ThaAnarchistTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Counting the pins
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:35:09 PM »
Hey Guys I just salvaged two of these displays and am looking to use them in another project but need help in figuring out its pin config. I do not know how to Count it. It has 23 pins on the top row and 22 on the bottom. So what would the pin setup be or do i need a ribbon connector to know?

Thank you

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
Re: Counting the pins
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »
not sure what you are asking...

If you are trying to identify a standard connector type please post a picture of the connector.

If you are trying to identify the pinout of a non standard or proprietary connector the amount of help we can provide may be limited. if this is the case please provide as much info as possible...manufactur, purpose/functions of connector, serial or parallel communication, any unused pins, what the circuit looks like going to the connector, pictures of the board and connector, etc.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »
Sorry for the picture quality in advance. My webcam is not that great.

These are pictures of the Ribbon cable and what it connects to. What I am trying to do is use it on another board. I am trying to figure out what the pin layout is: 16x1, 16x2 whatever it may be. So I can get another connector for it. It was used in a Nintendo DS. This is simply just the top clcd.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:19:05 PM by ThaAnarchist »

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:33:15 AM »
those are some blurry pictures...anyway

when trying to identify a connector i typically try the following:
- looking for any numbers or markings on the connector and google them
- count the number of pins (usually specd by the total number), count on both the plug and receptacle to double check
- measure the connector pitch
- search by the product and connector description

I simply searched "nintendo ds p3 connector" and got several hits (please confirm that you are looking for the P3 connector i made this assumption based on other pictures i saw). Here is an ebay listing that claims to be the P3 connector http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-DS-Lite-P3-Top-Screen-Flex-Cable-Connector-New-Repair-Part-/261033129774

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:36:06 AM »
Thanks a bunch. That is the connector that I am looking for but is it possible to use it on an arduino board? All the tutorials I have seen are simply using Arduino LCD's.

Offline Schlayer

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »
To figure out how to translate that display to an Arduino you'd need detailed spec sheets for that part saying what signals go to which pins, and match those to their analogs on the Arduino LCD display. I'm inclined to say it's possible, in theory, but in practice I have no idea how you might go about it... Sorry.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list