Author Topic: project  (Read 3031 times)

Offline EledamiriTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
project
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »
I need some help in a part of my project. I am allowed to use only two servos and I have one color sensor. Aim of our robot is to collect red,green and yellow colored candies and seperate them between their colors while dropping them to same colored areas as candies.

I need to build an arm with ladle to grab the candies, my color sensor is ok, but i'm stuck in the collecting and seperating part. What do you suggest? Thanx

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
Re: project
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
it's a really complex problem here. basically, figure out how to do this steps.
1. make arm
2. make soft to position polar arm in rectangular coordinates (hint hint inverse kinematics)
3. make grabber. i'm not sure how that would be, since you are allowed with only two servos. electromagnetic perhaps?
4. test this from computer software, you can move the arm and grab/drop things around

when these are done, the final software, to sort them could look like this
1. decide where the candy piles are. it's easier to move them all to an empty space then to decide "where" are more and "where" is the red pile, f.i.
2. move the arm out of the pile, where the candies are.
3. check if a candy can be seen
4. look at candy color, grab, move arm to required pile, drop
5. repeat from step 2, if step 3 fails, end

edit: as for the actual design, two servos are good enough to design an arm, but you will also need some acuators for the griping mechanism
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:29:11 AM by izua »
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

Offline awally88

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:28:13 AM »
Does the problem specify that you have to design an arm or is that what you decided to do? Will you have boxes or something to drop the candies in or do you just place them in arbitrary piles?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »
Search youtube, I've seen lots that do this . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list