General Misc > Misc

Robot arm on mobile robot

<< < (2/3) > >>

JesseWelling:
I think that you would essentialy double your production cost though.

megaman935:
Is it possible to do it without a remote controller? if so, what would be a good microcontroller to get for it on a 2 dof arm? this maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/myAVR-Board-USB-for-AVR-Atmel-Microcontroller_W0QQitemZ230091288469QQihZ013Q
QcategoryZ36323QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and how would you program it? I understand how differential drive works, but what would you use on a robot with 4 wheels? ???...

Admin:
if it isnt remote control, then how would it know when to pick something up? how would it know what to pick up?

ed1380:
I robot with 4 wheels can still be deferential drive, just there will be a good bit of friction. like a skid steer loader (aka Bobcat), if you drive them on the grass it will tear up your lawn.

i agree with admin. maybe there is a way you could steer it in the general direction, and it would use sensors to automatically pick it up and hand it to you.

megaman935:
 So it does need to be controlled... and that tutorial is very confusing... I have a 120 in my adv. math class but thats 7th grade..... in other words I havent taken algebra or triginometry...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version