Author Topic: wireless realtime audio recorder and transmitter  (Read 4022 times)

Offline sarathyplkr5Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
wireless realtime audio recorder and transmitter
« on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
i am trying to record my voice and simultaneously transmit the data wirelessly to my computer ......any suggestions on how i could do this, what device should i use.....

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: wireless realtime audio recorder and transmitter
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:23 AM »
My first approach would be to go with Arduino, use ADC to capture sound, digitize it and send it to PC via WiFi shield. I am not sure how noisy the output would be. After seeing what I get, I'd have to decide what filtering (if required) to use.

That's what Google search returned, might be useful:
--> http://learn.adafruit.com/wave-shield-voice-changer
--> http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Audio-Input/
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: wireless realtime audio recorder and transmitter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
Arduino and sound capture are not a good choice. The throughput of audio is way too high to work well on an Arduino. It *can* be made to do telephone-level quality, but it's the wrong tool for the job IMO.

You can just use your regular computer microphone to record sound. You can use one of a zillion libraries (PortAudio, for example) or go directly to the platform API (depending on your platform -- Windows, Linux, MacOS X?) You could also use a USB microphone. If the computer needs to be small, look at a Raspberry Pi plus a USB microphone.

For wireless transmission, use WiFi. Transmit a UDP packet per buffer of audio you receive in the audio recording API.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list