Author Topic: Designs for My First Line Follower  (Read 4396 times)

Offline harrypotterjkwTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Designs for My First Line Follower
« on: October 28, 2007, 05:04:16 AM »
 Ok,
 So for the last few months I have done some voracious reading on microcontrolled robots and after much toil here are the designs (the ckt design and the code) for my very first line following robot. YAPEE ! phew  :)

... ok its not time for revelry yet. I have got certain issues to cover.

The following (atached files) are the ckt diagrams of the robot featuring one sensor and one actuator (a stepper motor) for clarity's sake,and the code. Here I have a request to make to all the helpful members of this wonderful forum from where I have learnt so much...
    Please do take some time to scrutinise the ckt diagrams and the following software code for possible errors that I have not been able to notice

Thanks to all

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:32:41 AM by harrypotterjkw »

• Helpful? 0
Re: Designs for My First Line Follower
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:26:35 AM »
 And about the program LINE_FOLLOWER.c (attached at the last) there seems to be some serious bug.

1. Though I have installed WINAVR, GCC 4.1.2 that comes with it does not have a header file called "a2d.h"
    I had tried to link the folder in my PC containing the SoR Utills and the Photovore files (which had a .h and .c file called a2d) with AVR Studio (Project->Config options->Include libraries), after that the compile(Alt+F7) was successfull but when I tried to Build and Run (Ctrl+F7) it it showed the following error message....

"undefined reference to 'a2dInit'
      undefined reference to 'a2dSetPrescaler'
      undefined reference to 'a2dSetReference'
      undefined reference to 'a2dConvert8bit'
      "

...in other words to simply put it my installed GCC v 4.1.2 does not have a2d.h or any such header required for analog to digital conversion.

And thanks again for any help! :)

P.S.:( To Admin:) The header and C file titled a2d in your sbs_source_photovhore_v1.rar seems to have an anomaly
          In the aforesaid files while defining the a2dIsComplete there it has u8 a2dIsComplete(void)
          Shouldn't it be void a2dIsComplete(void)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:28:09 AM by harrypotterjkw »

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »
I've made a pretty good line follower with the the QRB1134 - available as free sample from fairchild
QRB1134 :http://www.superdroidrobots.com/product_info/qrb1134.htm

I used three sensors but you can even use only 1 sensor, its all a matter of algorithms.....

,Eric
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »
thanx Eric
 that was interesting...

but can anyone solve the problem i am facing with the #include "a2d.h" (see the second post in this thread for details)

Offline 4u_allie

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »
 Anybody want a Voltage DC motor? I've got 2 of them. They're for free! (if that helps). They won't work for me. Anybody? Going once...twice...Still waiting! E-mail me at www.lofland.allie@yahoo.com
  Shipping and handeling is free! Give me your address and I'll send them to you. Anybody!? It'll take about oh, a week or two.

Offline 4u_allie

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Selling 2 DC Voltage Motors
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:53:45 AM »
  Anybody want my 2 DC Voltage Motors? They go together when sold. Anybody want them? They're free. E-mail me at www.lofland.allie@yahoo.com Knowbody's baught them, BE THE FIRST ONE!  :)

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 02:11:27 AM »
I just want to note that if using the QRD1114 or generally the QRD series a 10K resistor will work just fine!!! (I refearing to the phototransistor)
For whom the interrupts toll...

data_list