go away spammer

Author Topic: My CNC  (Read 2017 times)

Offline arrrrgonTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
My CNC
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
I'm working on an Arduino controlled CNC.  I just thought I'd post what I have so far.

I have one last nut to put onto the Y axis and then I will begin working on the electronics.  Hopefully when it's all said and done it will actually work  :)

• Helpful? 0
Re: My CNC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »
I have the x and y axis moving the correct distance now but I'm having some trouble with the z axis.  I also need to work on some binding issues from the threaded rod.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'll post some videos once I get the z axis fixed.

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
We'll probably need more details than just "threads binding" to diagnose/improve that part.  Otherwise it's looking pretty good :)

Is it going to use a dremel or some other machining method?
I

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
I have a tool shop rotary tool that I'm going to mount to it.  I had to take it off when the z-axis broke so I haven't done a full test yet.  Last night I got all three axes moving, but the y-axis kept coming loose from the motor so I had to epoxy it and let it dry over night.  By this weekend I'll be doing a dry run with the tool attached and hopefully a run with the tool on.  Well the x-axis in particular catches and misses steps when it first starts moving.  After it gets warmed up it seems to move fine, but I'd like to get it moving fine from the very start.

I have to reverse the x and y-axis to make it work with the Phlatscript properly, so starting from the other side may help with some of the binding issues.

The whole thing may be a piece of junk by the end, but at least I know how to use steppers now  ;D

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
I finally started working on this again.  It needs a little bit of work, but the issues from the original post have been fixed.  The binding was actually caused by the motors.  They have to be mounted just right or they don't work properly.  That has been taken care of, but there is a bit of movement on the y-axis, so I ordered some bearings to see if I can tighten that axis up a bit.

Get Your Ad Here