Author Topic: Need Help With $50 Robot Schematic Simulation In Proteus  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Mahmud ShimulTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need Help With $50 Robot Schematic Simulation In Proteus
« on: February 07, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I'm a high school student so don't have much prior knowledge of robotics. This is my first attempt at robotics.

Problem:
I made a simulation of the schematics of the $50 robot on Proteus. In my simulation the servo rotates a certain angle for a while than stops. It doesn't rotate continuously.

So I would really appreciate it if someone could look at the simulation and tell me what i did wrong. Thanks in advanced.   :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:22:26 AM by Mahmud Shimul »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need Help With $50 Robot Schematic Simulation In Proteus
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:50:03 AM »
Ok I found some problems with my last schematic. So I made a new one. I think the connections are all right. But for some reasonthe servo's rotate pretty much on their own (even without the LDR connections). So could someone please help me out with this and tell me what's wrong with my schematics  :-\
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:00:14 PM by Mahmud Shimul »

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
If you post a JPG or PNG image of the schematic and PCB layout, it would be possible for someone reading this forum to actually look it over and see if something is obviously wrong.
Posting design files without even mentioning which program they are for is unlikely to make anyone want to spend their own time, for free, to look for and solve your problem for you.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:32:25 PM »
Well I did mention it was for Proteus  :-\ anyways thanks for your reply.  :)

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
The photovore relies on modified servos that go from position-seeking to velocity-controlling. It looks like you've used an unmodified-servo component in Proteus. Thus, the behavior would be to seek a position, not control velocity, for those simulated servo components.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply. So is it possible to modify the servo in Proteus so that it will control velocity? (Sorry for being a noob. I just passed my high schools so I'm kind of a high school student so don't know that much)

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
I don't know -- you should check the manual that came with Proteus, or ask the makers of the software.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »
Ok. Thanks for your answers. I'll just start building it. Also can I add you to my buddy-list?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list