go away spammer

Author Topic: Axon Mote CAD files  (Read 2668 times)

Offline ke6mtoTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Axon Mote CAD files
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
Could I get a copy of the Axon Mote CAD files? I managed to goof up the clock fuse settings. I need to insert a clock signal on the CLKI (PIN 33) so I can reprogram the fuse settings. Looks like that pin is tied to ground so I want to look at the CAD files to see if I can cut the trace. Unless you have any other ideas...

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Axon Mote CAD files
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
Could I get a copy of the Axon Mote CAD files? I managed to goof up the clock fuse settings. I need to insert a clock signal on the CLKI (PIN 33) so I can reprogram the fuse settings. Looks like that pin is tied to ground so I want to look at the CAD files to see if I can cut the trace. Unless you have any other ideas...
Seriously???
If you cannot just follow the line, visually and with an Ohm-meter, you won't get much help from CAD files (now if your purpose was to copy it, on the other hand...) ;)

Why don't you just lift the pin and solder a thin lacquered wire to it while un-bricking it and then restore the pin to the board afterward?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Being its a QFN package, I can't just lift the lead, otherwise I would. I don't see a trace coming out from that pin location. So the question is does it only connect to a via that's under the package and tie to ground or does it do that and also connect to other ground pins on the top layer. I don't want to go and cut up out the via on the bottom if it's not going to do any good. With the CAD files (which is stated on the site we can request) I can see exactly where that pin ties to ground.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
Hi,

Being its a QFN package, I can't just lift the lead, otherwise I would.
Actually it's a VQFN package, but how am I to know what you can or cannot - my brother wouldn't be able to lift the pin of a DIP, so should I assume that others can't?
(And yes, it's quite possible).

I don't see a trace coming out from that pin location. So the question is does it only connect to a via that's under the package and tie to ground or does it do that and also connect to other ground pins on the top layer. I don't want to go and cut up out the via on the bottom if it's not going to do any good.
Hence the use of an Ohm-meter (or similar), but if it's  connected to ground....

With the CAD files (which is stated on the site we can request) I can see exactly where that pin ties to ground.
You read as well as you set fuses it seems ;)

Go ahead with your request if you like, but perhaps read the following once more first:
CAD FILES

Feel free to contact me if you would like to share your CAD files for the Axon.

If you'd like to create your own CAD, feel free to download the Axon Mote texture image.

If you have other CAD designs of the Axon Mote, let me know!
That's all about nice pics (Not PICs, they don't brick ;D).

However, I'm sure Admin will be happy to tell you if the pin is connected to other stuff, just give him time to see your post.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:16 PM »
I stand corrected. All I'm really after is to find where that CLKI pin ties to ground, which looks like it's under the chip. Looks like it will be a $70 learning lesson.  ;)

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:39:54 AM »
Hi,

Looks like it will be a $70 learning lesson.  ;)
Oh, you could always just swap in a new controller (by cutting each pin and carefully remove the still soldered ends).

But before going radical on it, you might wanna just cut the pin in question, as close to the PCB as possible, bend out the remaining bit a little for connecting a thin wire.
I know it may feel like the first scratch in your new phone, but then it's "personallized" :)

Just hang on to it untouched for a couple of days and I'm sure Admin will be able to help you along.
Regards,
Søren

Please remember...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »
All you need to do is unsolder the crystal, then apply the clock signal to those pins.

The crystal looks like this:
http://th.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=d7g9p1yFhWbWW6SLEsrksQ%3D%3D

It's a silver box shaped chip with four pins right above the ATmega128RFA1. There is a capacitor directly on it's left and on it's right. I remember that the crystal datasheet pinout was wrong, not sure if they fixed it or not, so pay attention to how it was connected.

You can easily follow the traces visually. Two pins connect to ground, while one goes to XTAL1 and the other XTAL2.

Get Your Ad Here