go away spammer

Author Topic: Teaching Robotics  (Read 1623 times)

Offline inscoverTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Teaching Robotics
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »
What is the most effective way to teach robotics? By the way, check out www.inscover.org
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:50:34 PM by inscover »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Teaching Robotics
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »
What is the most effective way to teach robotics? By the way, check out www.inscover.org
I'd say - to build robots :) Reading about robotics/electronics/programming helps to get general understanding on what's what, but only building robots will enable someone to progress further by learning from mistakes.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline jkerns

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 12
Re: Teaching Robotics
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
What age group are you targeting? That changes where you want to start and what the final objectives are.

From you website it appears that you are targeting either high school or younger.

There are a lot of existing projects / competitions like First or Robofest that are designed to present the students with challenges that they can overcome and teach them via robotics - look at those first. Make it too easy and they don't learn anything. Make it too hard and they give up and fail.
I get paid to play with robots - can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/bachelor-science-robotics-engineering.asp

Get Your Ad Here