go away spammer

Author Topic: Robotics Graduate Program. what do I need to know beforehand?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline beachboy612Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
So I am about to finish my Mechanical Engineering degree at Cal State Long Beach.  i have found that I really enjoy robotics after making the $50 robot and want to make it a career.  However, I am a complete noob.  I wanted to apply to Carneggie Melon's Robotics graduate program, although Cal Tech is closest to me because it seems like a more developed program.  Assuming I have only taken one basic electronics class and only know MATLAB code, what should be my next step before I even thinking of travelling to Pennsylvania and attempting to get into that program?  Obviously I cannot go in as a novice.  There are many prereqs I have to take I am sure in order to make efficient use of my time there and not begin in the undergraduate classes.  What should I learn on my own?  are there lectures online that can get me up to speed?  im guessing I should establish a good foundation in C programming and microcontroller programming.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list