go away spammer

Author Topic: One time Switch  (Read 1619 times)

Offline sherbyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
One time Switch
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
Hey Guys, I was making a small robot, and i need to have something, which once triggered by a High Signal stays open.

So I have an arduino, output a high signal to a transistor, this causes the Transistor to be in flow mode where the current flows from Collector to Emitter.But as i remove the signal, it stops the flow.
Is there a device or modification of the circuit, i can do, so that on Giving a high signal once, the current starts flowing, and after that on taking the arduino out, the current continues to flow, instead of stopping?

Thanks for any help.

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: One time Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
Just add a flip-flop. Or something like a relay with self-latching.
How do you want to turn this off, later?

Offline arigid

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:15:16 PM »
You can use a pull up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:29:04 PM by arigid »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 05:15:36 AM »
Is there a device or modification of the circuit, i can do, so that on Giving a high signal once, the current starts flowing, and after that on taking the arduino out, the current continues to flow, instead of stopping?
--> http://homemadecircuitsandschematics.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/simple-and-useful-transistor-latch.html
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

paulstreats

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:38:56 AM »
Latch switch is what your looking for, do a google search and im sure you'll find many example circuots and ready made devices

As a basic concept, imagine 2 transistors, the emittor of one transistor to the base of the other, then the emittor of that one to the base of the first one. All you need is to send a single signal to the basr ofthe first, trning it on, which tturns the second one on, this flows back into the basr of the first thereby latching each other on.. A capacitor would be recommended to prevwnt momentary voltage drops from keeping them going
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:55:03 AM by paulstreats »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list