Author Topic: A solution to gears slipping?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline EithmanTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
A solution to gears slipping?
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
I bought a gearbox and hooked everything up. It has plenty of torque, but what is limiting me is that, much sooner than I reach my torque max, the gear that fits tightly around the axle starts slipping. I tried using super glue but it just made a mess. I was considering soldiering it but I am worried that might mess up the gear because it is plastic. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

On a similar note. I had a lot more trouble than expected finding a gear box online. All I could find is one with predetermined gear ratios and in inconvenient shape. Maybe I am just googling it poorly. Could anyone point me in the direction of a site that sells multiple variations of gear boxes? Thanks!

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: A solution to gears slipping?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »
Sounds like your gearbox sucks.  For the record, it's probably easier to buy a motor/gearbox combination than to try to match a gearbox with a motor. 

Check out the list on the website for where to buy motors.

http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_parts_list_motors_servos.shtml

I know on robotmarketplace.com they have motors that have different gearboxes on them with lots of ratios available. 

Offline EithmanTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: A solution to gears slipping?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
Haha, well for $6 I cant really complain. It works perfectly doing what I bought it for (Wheels of a robot) but I was trying to some harder tasks and it failed.

That site is AWESOME! Thank you very much!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list