Electronics > Electronics

remote control

<< < (2/2)

Admin:

--- Quote ---actually the stuff works perfectly when i connect the code directly to the driver IC.
--- End quote ---
What do you mean by connecting the code? Are you hard-wiring this? Or doing some type of serial command from your PC?

Im gonna side with JesseWelling on this, if you are really serious about robotics, you should invest in a microcontroller :P

Militoy:

--- Quote ---Im gonna side with JesseWelling on this, if you are really serious about robotics, you should invest in a microcontroller
--- End quote ---

I wasn't trying to take sides against Jesse with my suggestion - Having the "brains" of the robot on-board and independent should certainly be the ultimate goal of anyone building a "serious" robot - but simple R/C robots also present some challenges; and I wouldn't think to second guess the goals of someone else's project. It appears to me that the immediate problem boney is facing is how to reliably transmit 4 commands via an FM RF link to his platform, and translate into a 4-bit parallel data word. IMHO, it would be easier to achieve that goal using low-$ dual tone modulation, than by trying to translate an analog voltage level via RF. As far as the micro goes - sometimes you have to learn to walk, before you can run!

Admin:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Quote
Im gonna side with JesseWelling on this, if you are really serious about robotics, you should invest in a microcontroller

--- End quote ---

I wasn't trying to take sides against Jesse with my suggestion

--- End quote ---

oops ok I didnt mean that you were opposing Jesse . . . this was independent of what you said
really bad wording on my part . . .  :P

I just meant I agree with Jesse to go for a microcontroller, if he wanted PC control.

Boney, if you just want RC and have about $150 to spend, Id recommend getting a hobby RC controller and receiver with a dual motor driver capable of receiving RC signals. Ill give you links if you want . . .

dunk:
so i know a microcontroller would add a lot of functionality but if you only want a simple remote controll they are not the simplest option.

for my first remote controll project i used encoders from the Holtek ht12 range.
http://www.holtek.com.tw/english/products/remote_1.htm

they are really easy to use. rather than explain it myself, here's a link:
http://www.multyremotes.com/four-channel-ASK-remote.htm

see? easy peasy.

dunk.

JesseWelling:
....bleh....i'd rather program  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version