Author Topic: Checking for mechanical design and construction mistakes  (Read 2016 times)

Offline SUTO the GTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Checking for mechanical design and construction mistakes
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:10:58 AM »
I would really need some help to know If I made some errors in my design, before I go and CNC machine my parts! I have uploaded my CAD file (Inventor 2009) please check it out! I mostly interested in any dimensioning mistakes (I mean are my parts thick enough, will they not break) I know I should make some calculations to be sure! but that would take up too much time! You guys are very experienced in this, I guess you can tell without calculations if there is any huge problem! The white material is going to be wood (maple)! The axes of the wheels steel.
Here is the link from where you can download the CAD file: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Robot
Please help! And tell me if the link does not work! Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:32:45 AM by SUTO the G »

Offline ROBOT420

• Helpful? 0
  • The Geeks shall inherit the earth!!
Re: Checking for mechanical design and construction mistakes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
The link does not work....it asked me to sign in to Dropbox.
Don't know jack, but want to know it ALL....let the journey begin!

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
If you want free help from people, you should make it easy to give that help! Else you are, in effect, saying "I'm asking you for free help, but I think my own time is more important than your time, because you have to spend a bunch of time even just seeing what the question is." That's not a good way to get lots of answers (or friends) online :-)

For example, you could export actual drawings of your things, with measurements indicated, and then annotate them with the questions you have. Post those pictures inline in this forum in a post, and it'd be much easier for someone to answer some questions.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:12:32 AM »
I wanted to show the CAD file so you can understand it better! (to see how the steering mechanism works, and where will the tensions appear ). You can register easy to DropBox and it might be helpful for you too (It gives you space to store stuff online for free.) But if there is some other site where I can upload the CAD file and you don`t have to register to downloaded please tell me and I will uploaded there! Thanks

Offline Jon_Thompson

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 06:52:40 AM »
Why not ask anyone who is interested in helping to send you an email address and you send them the file?
You can still do a lot with a small brain.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
I am in to that as well! If someone is interested in helping me here is my email address: [email protected]
,or you can tell me yours and I send you the file!

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »
You should should post pictures with dimensions, that way you would be much more likely to get help.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
OK! Here are some pictures of the robot with dimensions too. Hope you understand it! If anything is not clear please tell me and I will try to resolve it!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list