go away spammer

Author Topic: NEMA 4X Rated handheld enclosure  (Read 2520 times)

Offline AsellithTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
NEMA 4X Rated handheld enclosure
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »
I don't get into industrial controls much but a project hit my lap that I couldn't pass up. Everything is going great BUT I need the handheld to be nema 4x rated. I'm using another companies transmitter/receiver pair and their receiver is nema 4x rated but the handheld is not. The handheld will be in a rather nasty area involving water jet removal of concrete. Does anyone know of someone who sells Otterbox like enclosures in general sizes. Actually Otterbox might but filters are getting in the way so I'll have to check them when I get home. Its a single button transmitter (maybe 2 button if I need it) I'm trying to get drawings from the transmitter manufacture as we speak. I point in the right direction would help. Thanks
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
Re: NEMA 4X Rated handheld enclosure
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
I have bought NMEA 4x and higher enclosures from big name sites like Allied Electronics and Mouser before. They have a good selection.

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:03:01 PM »
I'm thinking I need to find a standard Nema 4x rated case then add some kind of rubber insert so the operator can push to engage the switch in the actual handheld.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »
Hi,

[...] then add some kind of rubber insert so the operator can push to engage the switch in the actual handheld.
Wouldn't that invalidate the NEMA rating? (Just in case the rating is a demand, rather than what you decided on).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »
Nema is not required but I do need it to be waterproof to something like 4X specs. I still don't have the specs from them. I have the project almost complete but my brother is suppose to get me the final specs. I may need to call them directly because its been 2 weeks almost. I can't find what I need so I'm looking into modifying the remote by soldering a new switch inline and mounting that to the box.

What I really wanted was an enclosure with a clear rubber cover that the other remote could be place in and still have access to its buttons. I want to get the prototype done and show it to them by Christmas vacation. Then I can drive over and present it in person and fish for a full time job.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Get Your Ad Here