Author Topic: Wiring a motor Driver  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Builder1Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Wiring a motor Driver
« on: May 10, 2009, 05:27:29 AM »
Hello All,
Does any one have any experience wiring Sabertooth 25 Dual 25A Motor Driver, connecting it to electric motors?  I am using a pair of windshield wiper motors for my project. I have their images attached, please take a look. Each motor has a connector with two wires, one can controll the speed of the motors by connecting their terminals in different ways. What I am unsure about however is whether I should connect the motors to the Sabertooth motor driver,  using the high speed setting or the low speed setting as shown in the picture. Then use the Sabertooth motor driver to control the speed of the motor.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Builder1
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:20:05 AM by Builder1 »

Offline BANE

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • E=roboticsC^2
Re: Wiring a motor Driver
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:54 AM »
just out of curiosity, why would you want the low speed wires?  You have Sabertooth let it control the speed with PWM.  I've use similar motors before (I think like the ones you have) and the only difference between low and high speed is the number of coils used in the motor.... maybe.  So if your using PWM you would get more torque using all the coils available (high setting) and use a low duty cycle for low speed and just ignore the low speed wires. 

Bane