Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Recommendation

<< < (2/4) > >>

megaman935:
Ok, thanks everyone!
I've got another though: I'm thinking of making my robot out of wood. Why?
Well, I'm 13 and can't cut any metals, and I'd rather not use a plastic. If I did, I'd use HDPE. Also, wood helps prevent static and if I get shocked it won't be as bad as if it were metal. I can work with wood too and we've got plenty of 2x4-10's laying around in the back shed. Is this a good Idea?

Also I'm thinking of helping admin with the whole "World domination thing"- I'm gonna figure out how ta make my robot shoot lasers/bb's! :P

hgordon:
Wood is good.  My first robot had a wood frame, and I often use it for building prototypes.

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
The thing about wood though is that is heavy and would take a lot more powerful drive system to move it around...

Ro-Bot-X:
Mega,

Depending on the size of your robot, wood usualy works great. For a small size robot, use thin 1/8" plywood for base and sides and 1/4x1/2" wood strips for mounting servos. Small wood screws make things attach easy and glue can hold them permanently. And a coat of paint will make the robot look perfect.

sotu:
Mega,

You can attach a softgun to your robot making it shoot BB's but then you have to make a way to fire it electronic. But lasers :-\
If your thinking of buy real lasers (the ones that can cut through different materials) that would be $EXPENSIVE$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version