Electronics > Electronics

Servo Issue With Axon

<< < (2/3) > >>

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: Mastermime on December 01, 2012, 12:18:50 AM ---Actually it hardly could be considered a circuit.

--- End quote ---
Anything with current circulating is a circuit, hence the name :)

I have attached a schematic of the minimum use of an 7805 that you ca get away with.
Mind you, the excess voltage means that you need a heatsink.
A 10 Ohm 2W resistor between the 12V and the input of the 7805 will gobble up some of the excess power.

If you want to raise the voltage a little, a signal diode (1N4148 or 1N914) in the ground lead of the 7805 (but the caps need to go to ground directly) will raise it to ~5.7V.

Mastermime:
Thanks a lot for the schematic.  So in American terms I need a 0.22uf non polarized capacitor between input and ground and a polarized capacitor between output and ground?  I'm unfamiliar with that abbreviation 'ut'.  Could you clarify?  Sorry for my ignorance.  Im embarrassed :P

waltr:

--- Quote from: Mastermime on December 01, 2012, 05:28:39 PM ---Thanks a lot for the schematic.  So in American terms I need a 0.22uf non polarized capacitor between input and ground and a polarized capacitor between output and ground?  I'm unfamiliar with that abbreviation 'ut'.  Could you clarify?  Sorry for my ignorance.  Im embarrassed :P

--- End quote ---
Seems to be a typo. The cap value would be in uF (microFarads).

220nF = 0.22uF. Both are now used in the US.
This would typically be a ceramic cap.

No need to be embarrassed. Asking questions to get a clarified answer is a good thing.

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: Mastermime on December 01, 2012, 05:28:39 PM ---So in American terms I need a 0.22uf non polarized capacitor between input and ground and a polarized capacitor between output and ground?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- Quote from: Mastermime on December 01, 2012, 05:28:39 PM ---I'm unfamiliar with that abbreviation 'ut'.  Could you clarify?  Sorry for my ignorance.  Im embarrassed :P

--- End quote ---
Perhaps it didn't write it properly to the bitmap, but it was supposed to read 22F+ (plus sign) meaning 22µF or larger (up to about 50µF, whatever might be around).

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: waltr on December 01, 2012, 06:42:53 PM ---This would typically be a ceramic cap.

--- End quote ---
This is the best type, due to the low ESR, but I think it's more common to get polyester caps in that value (from hobbyist shops). That would work fine as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version