go away spammer

Author Topic: Google Lunar X Prize/ Robot builders wanted  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Moonbase.incTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Google Lunar X Prize/ Robot builders wanted
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »
 The Google Lunar Xprize is an International Robotics competition to land a rover on the surface of earths moon and transmit video back to earth.                                                                                                     The New york city area team is seeking persons or firms with the technical capabilities to build solar/battery powered mobile robots and other electro mechanical devices ,using off the shelf technology,that can operate on the surface of earths moon and transmit video back to earth.                                                                                                                                                      Our proposal is simple if you or your firm are willing to provide simple solar powered/batt mecanical devices   (that can withstand an evironmental oven)   for our payload we will pay you millions of dollars ;D                                                                                                                                               500 million people watched the apollo landing on t.v in 1969.                                                                                                                                       In 2009, How many billions would log on to the web using their P.Cs ,Laptops, cellphones and digital gadgets     Billions and Billions of people all around the world, will log to our site Moonbase.inc ,just to see what those little robots on the moon are doing today ?      What if we told you that we plan on charging them 5 dollars each,  to see the good stuff ???                                                                                                                                       The payload will be inspected by the payload launch services provider , then be intergrated with the Launch vehicle and Launched into Space.  We would then split the proceeds of the project - you provide some of the the 'bots ,we provide the Corporate Sponsors, the Launch vehicle , Launch permits, and other details. For more info contact The new York City Area Team at [email protected]

Offline GHF

• Helpful? 0
    • GeeksHaveFeelings
Re: Google Lunar X Prize/ Robot builders wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »
Heh, my high school's (Stuyvesant HS in NYC, I'm sure you've heard us) FIRST team partnered up with the FREDNET Lunar X Prize team. Since I'm with the alternative team, the one does non-FIRST stuff, I'd love to help another Lunar X Prize team. How about you post some more details and requirements?

~edit~
Does this seem kind of shady to anyone? :|
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:11:35 AM by GHF »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
Moonbase, my impression is that you're looking for someone to build the robots for you, invest money into your group, and also donate parts and money. Correct?

So you aren't building the robots, and you aren't using your own money, so your part would just be organizer and leader? Whats your cut? ;)

(I'm not interested, but this info would be helpful for those who are)

paulstreats

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:52:13 AM »
Ive been trying to find some info on this just out of curiosity.. Do you have to apply for permission to launch something into space, and if so where do you apply for it? Also if you do, what is the penalty for launching something into space without permission?

edit:

Ive just seen a website that lets you buy an acre of moon, is it trespassing if somebody has bought the acre that you land on?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:59:14 AM by paulstreats »

Offline pomprocker

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
    • Nerdcore - Programming, Electronics, Mechanics
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list