go away spammer

Author Topic: First Robot help needed  (Read 1829 times)

Offline RhircynNLTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
First Robot help needed
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »
hey, My real name is Dennis, this is my problem:

I want to make my first robot, i have some old computer-part, inlcuding: DVD-Driver Video-cards Sound-cards and some cables, now i have a problem, i dont know how to start...
i have read the site about the first robot, but dont understand the programming and all that stuff, so i would like some help, if you guys cn help me, i would be realy realy happy.

(Im Authistic so if you help me, plss try to describe the thing as clear as possible)

If you need more information plss ask it.

Greetz Dennis

• Helpful? 0
Re: First Robot help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
i dont know if this is okey, but i have begin on a design, i would like to hear if it is good:

i have some DVD-driver motors, is that enoch for a simple first robot???
And what do i need to make it a robot with his own will??? or is that not possible???

Greetz Rhircyn

(second post, i dont know if dubble post is okey)

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »
No, double posts are not OK.

i have some DVD-driver motors, is that enoch for a simple first robot???
No, it's not enough.

And what do i need to make it a robot with his own will??? or is that not possible???
So far no one achieved that. Do we really want it to happen?  ;D I know I don't!

I want to make my first robot, i have some old computer-part, inlcuding: DVD-Driver Video-cards Sound-cards and some cables, now i have a problem, i dont know how to start...
There are plenty tutorials on how to build a robot. Google is Your best friend  ;D

i have read the site about the first robot, but dont understand the programming and all that stuff, so i would like some help, if you guys cn help me, i would be realy realy happy.
We would happily help with Your troubles regarding programming and anything else robot related, but You have to ask questions, specific questions to be precise, so far You did not ask anything about programming  ;D
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
Hi,

Perhaps it will be easier for you to start with an Arduino board - plenty of basic robots are done with Arduino and you'll be able to download programs that you can start with (and then modify as you learn).

Most computer cards have very little usable stuff, but keep them in a box for plucking when you later need a resistor or whatever here and now.
The motors in a DVD drive is good for very small robots only an I'll recommend buying two suitable gear motors - shop around, prices vary a lot.

If you want to get opinions on specific parts, a shrply focused close up photo will help, as well as jotting down any writings that you see on the part.

(Im Authistic so if you help me, plss try to describe the thing as clear as possible)
Being clear is a benefit for all, so we strive to be :)

Ask for clarification if you need it - this is an area full of jargon and when you have been in it for some time, you may forget that it really is jargon and completely unintelligible to the uninitiated.

i dont know if this is okey, but i have begin on a design, i would like to hear if it is good:
You need the single wheel to be on a castor (like the wheels on a shopping cart), so that it doesn't fight where the other wheels wanna go (I'm assuming you will use differential drive, with a motor on each of the two rear(?) wheels)

You probably mean to make it "autonomous" (quite a bit different). You make it follow a basic program, but let it adapt to the environment, as sensed by whatever sensors you add - eg. a bump sensor can tell if it runs into an obstacle and it can be programmed to take evasive actions in such a case, or you can make it a line follower.

While it is easier to respond to a single post (just click "modify" to add to a post of yours), this is not what's considered double posting - that's when you post more or less similar posts in different threads or boards, so don't worry :)

Google anything you don't understand as the first attempt, thenn ask if you still don't get it.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »
the problem is: Im 14 and life with my parents, so i wont be able to shop online etc, and i dont know if there are Robotic shops in the netherlands.

soeren, can you tel me in a pm how i can begin? Im realy sad now, i want to get started, b ut i cant because of the knowledge that i dont know a shop in the netherlands where they sell robotics-parts.

So, if anybody els can give tips and such things, just tell me them.

Geetz.

Get Your Ad Here