go away spammer

Author Topic: 2 - 6 Axis Robot Arms  (Read 4673 times)

Offline GualalasmoothTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
2 - 6 Axis Robot Arms
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
I am about to build a six axis robot arm or 2 for my robot named 1/8 in tolerance this robot base is 150 lbs and very strong and mobile these arms are to be of human strength and size but I dont have alot to spend do any of you guys have experiance with this type of project can you link me to some servos and controls or steppers and controls or what do you recomend realy 6 axis might be hard to control I have built and control my own 3 axis CNC thats my expertise If you want to see the robot base I am working on Ill post it here or check me out on Squidoo I wont drop links here unless someone requests

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: 2 - 6 Axis Robot Arms
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
I am about to build a six axis robot arm or 2 for my robot named 1/8 in tolerance this robot base is 150 lbs and very strong and mobile these arms are to be of human strength and size but I dont have alot to spend do any of you guys have experiance with this type of project can you link me to some servos and controls or steppers and controls or what do you recomend realy 6 axis might be hard to control I have built and control my own 3 axis CNC thats my expertise If you want to see the robot base I am working on Ill post it here or check me out on Squidoo I wont drop links here unless someone requests
Drop some punctuation and we'll get back to you...
I

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »
VERY helpful thank you !!!!
                                     Tom

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »
Hi,

Wouldn't that require that there was something to drop in the first place? ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Hi,

Wouldn't that require that there was something to drop in the first place? ;D

I'm just using similar language, namely the dropping of links that was mentioned in the OP. :D
I

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
Gertlex
 What are you talking about will you please just talk about robots that is why I am here. 
              Tom

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Soeren

I have a lot of torque and power In my base I was just wondering I stepper motors and controls Is a good way to go or if you think servos are the answer for this type of setup six axis is  new to me and I'm looking for some Input.

thanks Tom 

Offline Iptuous

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »
Using no punctuation is lazy.  You're not going to get much effort put into an answer if you don't put the minimal effort required to make an intelligible question.
If that really surprises you, perhaps it is time to reevaluate some assumptions on your part.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
Can we Talk about robots please? If this was my first post I would want to talk about robots not punctuation. Lazy people don't build robots. How many robots have you built to date? < thats a question mark I think. Now tell me about your six axis robot arm PLEASE.   
                                               Tom

Offline Iptuous

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
we can certainly talk now that you have learned to string together a coherent sentence.  :)

i have yet to build a robot as a hobbyist, but was involved with robotics at university.  i have yet to post here because i am lurking and gleaning information as it stands.  i'll post more when i'm stuck or have something constructive to offer.

people that may not be lazy will still do lazy things from time to time.

as far as advise on your robot, '1/8 in Tolerance', i would say that having two 6-axis arms of human strength (how strong is that?) while not having much to spend (what does that mean, precisely?) is a tall order.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
Iptuous
                Thank you for responding. Here  is what I {capitol I}  by the way propose , The Starship groove Project. Check out Starship Groove Animusic video on Youtube. I plan to build one in real life 4' tall about 175 or 200 lbs similar to one or these robots on a slim budget. So that is why I am asking about 6 axis robot arms. Maybe you can help me or someone out here can.     
                                                                                          Tom
Ps - I am sorry about my punctuation. As I am a graduate of a vocational school and instead of english classes we had blueprint reading so I do lack some skills there.
I will as you can see make an effort to be clearer In my posts

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »
Hi,

Not being an expert on punctuation or spelling is not serious IMO (as long as it's still comprehensible/decode-able to the human brain) and sometimes I use incorrect punctuation on purpose, if I think it helps the eye reading it.

What is a real no-no in writing, is large blocks of letters without at least a little punctuation and a lot of "air" (white space), as we don't read a text in one single scan, but rest our eyes while processing the sentences - and it's hard to find the spot you left in such a large block when your eyes flicker away for even the slightest moment.
When I see such a block, I often just skip the post completely, like a website that takes half a second too long to load - patience belongs to other parts of life :D

The above rests on the assumption that, when you write something, you want people to read it and since that's the motivation of the writer, he/she should make it as digestible as possible - your words are the goods you sell and whatever you sell, make it as easy on the customers as possible, or they don't buy it.

Anyone don't believe that, just copy my post and remove any punctuation and air and compare the two variants.

People telling this to other is actually trying to help you get more "customers".

'Nuff on the words, back to the content...

Gualala, you'd appear smoother if you paid your dues ;)
I really think you owe us the remainder of the story on the expanding cam tower. You got lots of advice and then you just vanished until now - and hearing how a project completes (or not) is our only reward for helping out ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »
OK
    I guess i didn't follow through with the camera idea. There were a lot of camera robots already out there. You guys had great ideas on that concept but the ends didn't justify the means. I already have a lot of time involved in the building of the base for my robot and this project continues to evolve.     

Yes i have been away for a while building a CNC machine and learning how to operate it as it helps to support my shop,  it unfortunatly cost money to build big robots and this project helped me.

I am still here, and the fat lady has not sung yet. It's the same robot  being mentioned in this post just evolving in a another manner. With two six axis arms.
My experiance with CNC and the use of stepper motors and controls. has broadned the scope of this project.

Thank you for all of the support I will continue building big robots Tom

Get Your Ad Here

data_list