go away spammer

Author Topic: Using a component on a breadboard and with PCB  (Read 3186 times)

Offline zackTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Using a component on a breadboard and with PCB
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:20:00 AM »
I have the picaxe 28 proto board which comes with male headers for all inputs and outputs.

If I have a component like this one which comes with the wires, what connector should I attach so that I can use this with the 28x board with male headers and a breadboard which has sockets? 

If I attach a molex female socket to the end of the wires, I can't use it with a breadboard.  If I attach a male connector, I can use it on a breadboard, but not with the male headers on the Picaxe 28x board...

How do you get around this?  Any clever way of solving this?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 06:20:38 AM by zack »

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: Using a component on a breadboard and with PCB
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
as a matter of fact I have that component , IR transmitter/reciever right? wat are u using for ( curious)

so what I would do is put a female MOLEX connector and then make a female to male adapter ( or buy one) or just find a long enough small piece of conductor to stick in the hole( think paperclip metal)
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline krich

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Using a component on a breadboard and with PCB
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
On some male headers you can slide the black plastic down just far enough to use them to plug in and make contact on both sides.  This is what I do to get from female to female (e.g. 0.1" housing to breadboard).

Get Your Ad Here

data_list