Electronics > Electronics

50 $ robot not working.. please help..

<< < (2/5) > >>

johnwarfin:
all usbasp have standard 10 pin atmel pinout.  for a couple bucks more you can get ones from hobbyking with 10pin to 6pin cable or on ebay you can get an adapter for the end of the standard cable. i have no need of either because i use simple custom 4 pin inline for programming.

none of this matters as long as you hook up mosi, miso, sck, and reset correctly.

ankshah13:
Ok, I just found out that when I put my multimeter on the resistance setting (20k) , connect one lead to ground and another to AREF ( or the positive lead of the LED), the multimeter shown a certain resistance of about 10-11 ohms.. When I plug in the 9 volt battery, and test e voltage with the multimeter by putting the two test leads o. He ends of the programmer, I get 4.96 volts.. Is this right? Since I am getting a resistance between ground and AREF, AVCC, I am confused.. This wasn't happening before but the voltages are fine..

ankshah13:
Btw, on which pins should the voltage be approx 5 volts? I'm asking this because I don't know if the ic chip is being powered. In other rods, here should I connect the leads of the multimeter to check if the Voltages are fine EXCEPT the servo buses, the sensor buses and the ends of the programmer which are connected to ground and power?

jkerns:
That information should be found in whatever you used to wire up the circuit or in the data sheet.

ankshah13:
Got a new problem.. The good thing is that this seems to be a simple one..  I am sorry I can't get the robot to work.. I am getting a proper voltage of 4.96 volts at the programmer ends and the sensor outputs when I don't connect the photo resistors by the three pin headers.. The moment I connect the photoresistors, the voltage drops to 1-2 volts and the regulator becomes really hot.. This means there is some kind of shorting or something.. I checked the wires of the photoresistor correctly and the connections seem to be alright.. I will surely recheck but I can't seem to solve this problem.. Help!!!  Thank you in advance.

P.s when I connect the multimeter to ground and AVCC/AREF, the multimeter shows a resistance of around 10.58 k ohms... Is this supposed to happen???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version