Author Topic: Need help with Short range RF audio transmission  (Read 2602 times)

Offline AsellithTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
Need help with Short range RF audio transmission
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
I want to build or buy a short range audio transmitter that I can attach to my zune and transmit to my headphones while I have my head inside an equipment rack or am crawling under a floor or through a ceiling running cable. I don't want to break my zune :) Only needs to be about 20 feet max maybe less. I found some stuff on ebay and amazon that was cheap but didn't seem to work right. I don't want to spend to much money. If I could get something with a 1/8" stereo jack on either end and just make the radio connection between them that would be great. I thought about IR but I think that will be hindered by line of sight.

Another Idea I had was to buy a set of headphones with a radio tuner in them and then one of those car stereo transmitters that let you pick it up in the car. but I can't find any headsets that look comfortable and small enough for what I need. I also don't like standard head phones so I need either ear buds of those ones that wrap around your ears. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline dsheller

• Helpful? 0
Re: Need help with Short range RF audio transmission
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
I have something like that for the old fourth generation iPods, it was made by Griffin. You controlled it by playing a certain wave file on your ipod and that would set the frequency that the device transmitted on (FM). So, I am fairly sure it would work on a Zune... if they make them still that is.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list