go away spammer

Author Topic: Arduino kit for a robot project!!  (Read 1495 times)

Offline prasanga17Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Arduino kit for a robot project!!
« on: July 14, 2012, 02:04:11 AM »
I am developing a robot for a robot competition and since i am familiar with arduino platform I am going to use that. But no off-shelf kits are allowed for this competition and that means i cant use my arduino mega board for this task. Guidelines specify that everything must be build by competitors alone. Is there a way to build my own arduino kit for my robot. I need few inputs and outputs only.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:05:47 AM by prasanga17 »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Arduino kit for a robot project!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:10 AM »
Hi,

Is there a way to build my own arduino kit for my robot. I need few inputs and outputs only.
Yes, the Arduino is open source and you can find schematics etc. on the Arduino site.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:43:28 AM »

Offline hoshiro

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
The Arduino has a lot of wonderful electronic "glue" that makes tinkering easy. The good news is you only need a minimal amount of circuitry to run the Amtel microcontroller without the whole Arduino package.

This will allow you to develop with the Arduino but still be able to be 100% home built. It also requires a lot less space.

The Arduino hacking page is http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/HomePage.

An example of a minimal crystal-driven microcontroller setup is http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/Tutorials/ArduinoBreadboard.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list