Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 2510 times)

Offline catseyeTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
THANK YOU
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »
hello creator of this site

I want to thank you for making this site. I find it very refreshing compared to all the other that really don't tell you anything, except to buy there products or give me information I already know . I am an inventor and has been working on a project for a couple of months. You see I beleave  it is possible to build a fully functional life size humanoid without having to build a complicated AI for a about a 2 or 3 thousand. I know I have a longggg way to go, but all of my research is looking good so far, even tho I have not started construction yet and and only a moderate robot builder. the only real thing I need to overcome is how to get the power that the robot needs to operate. But anyway I find your site to have a lot more of the info that I need and I find you approach to building very much like my own. So thank you a lot!

THANKS
                                                                                                           CATSEYE

PS: please no negative comments because I'll just ignore them and being inventor I get a lot that                                       

Offline dcole07

• Helpful? 0
Re: THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
You see I beleave  it is possible to build a fully functional life size humanoid without having to build a complicated AI for a about a 2 or 3 thousand

I got a little lost here.. are you saying AI should cost less than $2,000-$3,000?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
Thanks! ;D

are you saying AI should cost less than $2,000-$3,000?
I think he meant in parts. I'd say thats a very reasonable estimate.

You might be interested in reading this post, you have a lot in common with AI-bot:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=1335.0

the only real thing I need to overcome is how to get the power that the robot needs to operate.
You might be interested in my calculators. Its made for wheeled robots which are much more efficient, but these should be at least able to give you a minimum power estimate:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/calculator.shtml

Offline fr4ncium

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:32:41 PM »
Just wanted to tack a note on here - I'm still waiting for my $50 robot parts to come in, but I still was able to use your tutorials today.  I had a power systems project and had to procure 2 DC motors (the prof never gives us any idea how to get this stuff).  Normally I would have ended up buying them at a Radioshack or something, but instead I got a $5 dual cassette boombox at a thrift store and scavenged two identical DC motors (with brackets!) as well as some speakers for a friend's mini guitar amp, plus a bunch of random components!  And it was a lot more fun than if I had just bought them at a store.

PS: what electronic devices can I scavenge a relay from/where can I get one for cheap?

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:45:11 PM »
If you can get one of those Flood Light motion detectors for cheap they have a relay in them. In the little black box that the sensor plugs into. They also have a small transformer, a small transistor, a few diodes and a few resistors... at least mine does :P. I havnt opened the actual sensor housing to look in there but im sure theres some nice little components in there too.
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

data_list