Author Topic: Buying some stuff (preferably in EU)  (Read 1957 times)

Offline TrickyNekroTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
Buying some stuff (preferably in EU)
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
Hello guys...

Lately there's been a great shortage on ATmega32...
I don't know for other packages but TQFPs were nowhere to be found...

I know that ATmega32PA also exist in the scene and is actually better, more peripherals speed etc etc etc...

Something that I don't know... is which suppliers are to be trusted and also have nice delivery times...

I'm checking out mouser right now and it's ~50E for 10 Atmegas... I'll get free shipping cause I'm also ordering some
gyros... so problem here...

I didn't like digikey GB nor GR.... But the prices for Atmega32 seems to be very close between each seller...

Also I'm not buying from Ebay forget it...
I would buy from US if they offer gift packages so I can avoid duty costs... That matters a lot...
Sparkfun has some breakout boards but there just TOO expensive... And I can solder...
And definitely can also make boards thanks to my Uni :-D

So... If you can offer a word or two, or suggest a better seller then I'll be most thankful!!!
But I wouldn't dare to buy from america this period without a gift package... The customs are just gonna shave my b()tt...

Best Regards, Lefteris
Greece
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Buying some stuff (preferably in EU)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
Hi,

Atmels page has a link to inventory checking here
When I follow the first link (Mouser) I get directly to their Swedish page (probably because I'm detected to come from DK a neighbor to Sweden) and they seem to have ample ATmega32s.
(http://se.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=atmega32)
Since I'm not entirely sure which one exactly you want, you better take a look yourself.

Conrad.de is very expensive and doesn't show packet info.
A Danish shop has got them at fair prices (around 5.2 Euro) , but don't show packet info either (I could call them if you like).

I don't think 10 pieces should be a problem, but it might be an opportunity to upgrade to a better part. If their sales policies are like Microchips, newer and better chips are usually cheaper.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
The problem is that the PCB is already made, and have almost finished populating...

I checked mouser, it has the part yes... And I'm thinking of ordering ATmega32A...
Unfortunately this part is becoming obsolete and mouser doesn't seem to stock any
ATmega32P or ATmega32PA....

Thanks for the offer, but there is not really a need, if I have trouble I'll probably mail them...

Electronics production seems to be going to hell in Europe so they won't have problems trying yo be
nice and helpful... if you want to buy... samples sound like a joke really...

And BTW I KISS my mother and used to KISS my gf... I do make exceptions some times.... hhahahahaha...

But I'm probably making an order from mouser... I haven't found so far a seller that stocks ST gyros....
I don't remember about digikey but EBV surely didn't...
And I'll probably order some more parts like passive stuff.... Caps, resistors, inductors... leds??? Diodes are passive right?
Only non lineal.... anyways....

Thanks for the help man, I was leaning more to a US seller at first... but it isn't worth it... I'll see and act alike ;-)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:41:25 AM »
Use http://www.findchips.com

Most of the sellers have it, but as for shipping to EU thats another question.

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »
That's for the answer guys!

I went to see some prices over at farnell... and it's wow... it's something like 3E - 4E more per piece for atmega32....
And I'm ordering 10 ICs... it's like no way...

The price for such companies depends a lot on how much the company buys that part.... So I guess farnell isn't much the way around....

And I'll probably buy ATmega32A it's like 2E less per part (Atmega32 is becoming obsolete)....

I really don't like that they also have Atmega32P and Atmega32PA... and they have produced them in such a sort time...
It means they had problems with later development...

Whatever... we'll see....

Thanks for the info guys ;-)

Get Your Ad Here