Electronics > Electronics

9V to 6v ac adapter

<< < (3/3)

waltr:

--- Quote ---If you are talking about an AC adapter that outputs AC voltage, then you have to use a transformer; a regulator will not work.
--- End quote ---
This is not completely true.
It would be easier (and is more common) to rectify the 9VAV to DC, Filter with a large cap, then regulate to 6VDC with either of the linear regulator I listed in post #2.

jwatte:

--- Quote ---It would be easier (and is more common) to rectify the 9VAV to DC, Filter with a large cap, then regulate to 6VDC with either of the linear regulator I listed in post #2.
--- End quote ---

You are trying to accomplish something else with that statement. You are trying to *both* do AC-DC conversion, and voltage regulation.

If you have 9V AC out, and want 6V AC out, then a linear regulator will not work. At all. If you read the original question literally, that's actually what's being asked.

vipulan12:
no i want 6v DC out

jkerns:

--- Quote from: vipulan12 on July 18, 2013, 11:52:23 AM ---no i want 6v DC out

--- End quote ---
So, if you have a 9 volt DC supply, all you need is a regulator (a capacitor on the input and output are often a good idea also).  If you have a 9 volt AC supply, you need a rectifier (typically a bridge rectifier), some filtering and a regulator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version