Author Topic: Let's Build a ROBOT! Bring the NineFour to life!  (Read 1740 times)

Offline gfscustomsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Let's Build a ROBOT! Bring the NineFour to life!
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm working to get funding for a robotics project and I thought I would post it up here.

NineFour is a four legged, nine degree of freedom quadruped that will be able to navigate autonomously or via web interface.

Rather than post all the info again here, I will give the link to the Kickstarter.com listing:  http://kck.st/9Kog9n

Kickstarter is a funding website that allows donations as low as $1 using the secure amazon payment system.
Basically you make a pledge, and if the project meets the funding goal, you get charged the pledge amount, if the project does not meet the goal, no one is charged and the project expires.

They do this so that no one ends up paying for a project that does not meet its goal.

As you all know, robotics are an expensive hobby, so as an exchange for donations, I will be offering various rewards through kickstarter.com.

The main goal of this project is to create a very detailed construction document/website that will allow others to use my designs and information to create their own robots, as well as eventually allow people to remotely control my robot.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer.

I greatly appreciate any help you could offer, or if you know anyone who would be interested in helping.

Thanks!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Let's Build a ROBOT! Bring the NineFour to life!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Hi,

[...] as well as eventually allow people to remotely control my robot.
Shouldn't that read "our robot", when you want to build it for other peoples money?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline gfscustomsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:08:19 PM »
Hi,

[...] as well as eventually allow people to remotely control my robot.
Shouldn't that read "our robot", when you want to build it for other peoples money?

well...

The first phase of the project is creation and documentation. After that, work will begin on allowing remote access.

Ideally I'd like to build a variety of different bots that multiple people could log on and control through a web interface.

There was (maybe still is) a site that allowed control of a small rover called the BP explorer. It was good fun, but you would have to wait hours at times to drive it for 30 seconds.

I'd like to expand on this idea after I get the NineFour completed.

Offline voyager2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 6
    • Voyager Robotics
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:02:27 PM »
$10.00 so far, goal $1000.
Seems imposable to me.
I'd love to see it finished though...
And Admin said "Let there be robots!"
And it was good.