Author Topic: avrisp mkii noy connecting to axon  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: avrisp mkii noy connecting to axon
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
I'm confused . . .

Are you programming it with the AVRISP, or the bootloader?

If you use the AVRISP, you delete the bootloader in the process. If the bootloader is working, that means your AVRISP never programmed the Axon.

I still think it's the battery, and I'm going to wait to hear back about that.

Offline pk44Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
yes, my situation is very confusing. i was never able to get the avrisp to connect to the axon. i finally got the correct driver for the isp but it does not connect now either, i was able to program the axon a couple times with the bootloader though. the avrisp has never connected, but now that it should with the correct drivers we think that the running code is preventing it from connecting. see, right after my last successful program with the bootloader the green status light was constantly flashing. now sometimes when the axon is not plugged into the computer the green light flashes also. it appears to be resetting constantly. i have no clue what is going on with it, but something it is doing is preventing the programmer from connecting, so i am not able to remove my current code, which is what i think is causing the bootloader not to connect. sorry for being such a hassle, but basically everything that could go wrong has gone wrong with this robot.  :-[

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
now sometimes when the axon is not plugged into the computer the green light flashes also. it appears to be resetting constantly.
Constant resetting and flashing green light are good (bad?) signs of a low battery :P

How many mAh does your battery have? How many amps and what voltage does your charger charge at?

Offline pk44Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
my battery is 2500mAh. my charger charges at a selective 1 to 4 amps. can't find the voltage but the store said this is what would work. maybe the batteries are just bad? but that still doesn't explain the bootloader or connection problems. ???

Get Your Ad Here