Author Topic: Ask about MSC Simulation softw & Where can I get it?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline WKLIANGTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Ask about MSC Simulation softw & Where can I get it?
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »
I am a University student from Malaysia. I need few engineering software for my study. Example: AUTODESK INVENTOR, CATIA, MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP, MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D & etc. I try to search around the internet & I found that is a lot of website selling cheap software on internet. But which one can be be trust??? & I just cheated by them few week ago. For sure. I know most of the time the software is pirate one. But the software license is too expensive for a student & I only use this for study purposes. Anyone know which software seller can be trust, pls let's me know. If u think not suitable to post a reply here, u may direct reply to my email ([email protected]).

Is there have anyone here experience in MSC mechanical simulation software?? Example: MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP,MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D & etc. Can I ask some more about this ?

Sorry about asking pirate things here. I have no choice because I really need this software to do mechanical simulation for my Biped Robot.
 ???
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:33:24 AM by WKLIANG »

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: Ask about MSC Simulation softw & Where can I get it?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:38:50 AM »
search for the softwares torrent
e.g.   Autodesk Inventor torrent

those are free but are strictly illegal
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline WKLIANGTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 06:55:08 AM »
I know it is strictly illegal, but as a student I really unable to afford it. As I know only the Autodesk Inventor software already equal to the prices of my whole trimester school fee. Also I not only need this. I need other software too. :o

Because of the software I need like MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D & MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP is 2004 version. Even I try to download but not seed already :'(

Also if I using MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D & MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP, most of the time it not support the newest version of Autodesk Inventor. The torrent that is still active, most of the time is newest version. :'(

I found the torrent for the newest version MSC NASTRAN 2007 R1. But is that the same as MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D or MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP??? As I know most of roboone competitor are using MSC VISUAL NASTRAN 4D or MSC VISUAL NASTRAN DESKTOP.

But I don't know the MSC NASTRAN 2007 R1 can do it or not. Anyone have experience with it, pls help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:10:40 AM by WKLIANG »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 07:55:34 AM »
I try to search around the internet & I found that is a lot of website selling cheap software on internet. But which one can be be trust??? & I just cheated by them few week ago.
You shouldn't financially support criminals, you should financially support people who make the software that benefits you . . . and there is always a good (bad?) chance any pirated software you download has trojans and other evil virus programs hidden in it . . .

That being sad, these companies seriously do not know how to price their products, hurting both potential customers and their own profits. Pricing software at $8k, and simple upgrades at another $6k just doesn't make sense (rant rant rant) . . . This is one reason I like Eagle (schematic software), they have world leading software because its reasonably priced :)

Some of the software you listed have student versions, priced much more reasonably with most of the functions enabled. Look into that. Your university probably already has licenses to some of the software too, so look into that.

Get Your Ad Here