Software > Software

cant connect to VRbot GUI

<< < (2/3) > >>

herro der panda ber:
what do yiu mean by in "detail" and yes im 100 percent sure that the axon is connected to com 4 and btw is my code correct cause it dosent seem like much?

herro der panda ber:
thats basically what i did just one extra part was i tried changing the baud rates................

Please reply ASAP

Admin:
By 'in detail', I mean tell me exactly what you did step by step. Tell me how things are wired up, what hex files you are using, baud rates, operating system, etc. . . . in detail. Describe it step by step.

Duane Degn:
Did you get this working?

It looks like you have code to use the VRbot independent of a PC. To use the PC GUI with the VRbot you just need an USB to serial device to allow the PC to communicate with the VRbot.

If you don't have a separate USB to serial device, you could use your microcontroller as a bridge between the two devices but the code you posted does not look like a simple bridge program.

Do you have a way to communicate with the VRbot independent of your microcontroller?

Edit: I hadn't seen the tutorial on using the VRbot prior to writing the above post.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors_voice_recognition_robot.shtml

If you changed the baud of the VRbot, the code loaded to the Axon would also need to have this new baud setting. It might be easier if you use a USB to serial device to start with.

herro der panda ber:
Well the wirings are exactly the same as you showed in the video and i ussaly work with the 115200 baud rate but i have tried changing it. Also now whenever i try uploading the usbuart0 i always seem to get an error but when i upload the code for the axon that uploads properly. I also bought a usb to ttl connection and a new vrbot but i still can seem to connect with the gui. Im using the voice rec hex files that you have offered ofr my code and the hex file that webbot created for me. Also whenever i connect to hyper terminal by using the usb and the right com port and baud rate (115200)nothing happens it just stays blank, so why is this happening and what am i supposed to expect and sometimes the green led light on my axon dosent work is this normal??????

Thanks a lot reply ASAP
--- Quote from: Duane Degn on April 20, 2013, 09:02:06 PM ---Did you get this working?

It looks like you have code to use the VRbot independent of a PC. To use the PC GUI with the VRbot you just need an USB to serial device to allow the PC to communicate with the VRbot.

If you don't have a separate USB to serial device, you could use your microcontroller as a bridge between the two devices but the code you posted does not look like a simple bridge program.

Do you have a way to communicate with the VRbot independent of your microcontroller?

Edit: I hadn't seen the tutorial on using the VRbot prior to writing the above post.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors_voice_recognition_robot.shtml

If you changed the baud of the VRbot, the code loaded to the Axon would also need to have this new baud setting. It might be easier if you use a USB to serial device to start with.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Admin on April 11, 2013, 02:18:26 PM ---By 'in detail', I mean tell me exactly what you did step by step. Tell me how things are wired up, what hex files you are using, baud rates, operating system, etc. . . . in detail. Describe it step by step.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version