go away spammer

Author Topic: What do you wish they made but don't?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline mstachoTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 10
What do you wish they made but don't?
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
So i'm thinking along the lines of the Axon or Arduino: boards that make harder-to-use (for the hobby robot maker) components much easier.

The goal of the post is two-fold:

a) Hopefully we can say "I wish they made X" and someone else says "Oh, here's the website to buy  it"
b) We learn cool ideas for our own projects :-P

Some things I came up with from these forums:

1) A cheap, easy-to-use, robot hand that you can buy instead of reinventing, that has good functionality and isn't just open/close
2) either a kit or a fully made unit -- a waterproof motor that can be used for submarine robots

any others?

Be as creative as you want!
Current project: tactile sensing systems for multifingered robot hands

Offline WaterPig Master

• Helpful? 3
  • Hurdy Gurdy playing at Raglan
    • WaterPigs.co.uk
Re: What do you wish they made but don't?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
A MCU that is completely (and more importantly, natively) Mac-supported, I.E. has native Mac simulator, emulator, support for IC debugging, programming in a variety of languages (including possibly graphical flowchart programming). Another idea I had was a MCU programming/eval board that plugs in to an iOS device, and can be graphically programmed/debugged on there.

There is already a wonderful Mac based logic probe, so I'm going to say a USB oscilloscope (a good one!) for the Mac. Should have support for recording long waveforms and signals, as well as saving images and video of them. Fat chance of that happening, unless I do it myself ;)

Liking the idea of commercially available waterproof motors. There aren't nearly as many water based robots as there should be, IMO. I have a few steps to go before I'm at that stage though :|

Thanks,
Barnaby

Get Your Ad Here