Author Topic: Hall Effect Sticks - RC Mod  (Read 2025 times)

Offline umcostaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hall Effect Sticks - RC Mod
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:52:11 AM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering how hard would be to mod a regular radio transmitter with hall effect sticks, like this one:
http://www.chproducts.com/files/chproducts/brochures/HF_CH_low-res.pdf

Hardware wise, might get tricky but doable. Software/electronic wise that I am completely unsure...

Best!
Marcos.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Hall Effect Sticks - RC Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering how hard would be to mod a regular radio transmitter with hall effect sticks, like this one:
[...]
Hardware wise, might get tricky but doable. Software/electronic wise that I am completely unsure...
Besides that they're probably prohibitively expensive and not all that much of an improvement over the regular sticks (assuming a quality transmitter - a cheapo won't be worth modifying anyway), it should be easy and it doesn't take any modding, just a stick swap. You wouldn't need any software changes at all and on the hardware side, the right model (0..5V out) is likely a drop-in replacement (i.e. 3 wires per axis tops), although you'll have to check the particular transmitter.

But unless you have a very expensive transmitter, I don't think it makes sense, as the sticks are probably more expensive than most transmitters.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here